The 2009 joint conference of the Shakespeare Fellowship and the Shakespeare Oxford Society will be held November 5-8 at the Houston Intercontinental Airport Doubletree Hotel in Houston, Texas.
The cost for full registration is $200 that includes presentations, Saturday luncheon buffet and Sunday luncheon banquet.
Preliminary list of presenters:
- Frank Davis: The “Bard’s” Six Signatures
- Alex McNeil: Is “Shakespeare” in Jeopardy?
- Hank Whittemore: Shakespeare’s Treason
- Keir Cutler: Teaching Shakespeare and Is Shakespeare Dead? by Mark Twain
- Earl Showerman: Trolius and Cressida — Shakespeare’s Homeric Satire
- Paul Altrocchi: How to Baste and Barbeque an Upstart Daw
- Ron Hess: Did Thomas Sackville influence Shake-speare’s Sonnets?
- Richard Whalen: The Influence of Commedia dell ‘Arte in Shakespeare — Italian Theater Unknown in England but Known to Oxford
- John Hamill: A Spaniard in the Elizabethan Court — Don Antonio Perez
- Marty Hyatt: Heaven’s Sweetest Air
- Ren Draya: Music in Othello
- John Shahan: Declaration of Reasonable Doubt: Strategy Implications for Oxfordians
- Matthew Cossalatto: Posthumous Sonnet Publication
- Tom Regnier: Law in the Sonnets
Register online for the SF/SOS annual conference at:
The Houston Intercontinental Airport Doubletree Hotel has reserved a block of rooms at a reduced rate of $99 a night (plus tax and fees). The hotel provides a free shuttle service to the George Bush International Airport. Online reservations for Houston Intercontinental Airport DoubletreeHotel: http://doubletree.hilton.com/en/dt/groups/personalized/HOUAPDT-SHP-20091105/index.jhtml
One Day Registration: Thursday $35 (Presentations only)
One Day Registration: Friday $60 (Presentations only)
One Day Registration: Saturday $60 (Presentations only)
One Day Registration: Sunday $35 (Presentations only)
Saturday Luncheon Buffet: $35
Sunday Luncheon Banquet: $35
Special student and teacher rate: $15 (For Saturday 1:00 – 6:30 p.m. only)